Accounting Manager – Oakland Green Engineering Firm
FinanceStaff is conducting a retained search for an Accounting Manager for kW Engineering, based in Oakland, CA. We are looking for an Accounting Manager who is passionate about being part of a growing team and is eager for the opportunity to work with a green business. Our strong reputation for quality work and client satisfaction has led to steady growth. As we continue to grow, we need an analytical and detail-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal skills to support our office, keep our operations organized, and thus make our clients happy.
This newly created position will be a hybrid model of onsite work and remote telework. Initially, the position will report to the Consulting CFO and work closely with the Director of Administration. The position will have direct reports and will have responsibility for growing the department as the business grows.
kW Engineering is a leading consulting engineering firm headquartered in Oakland, CA with multiple offices nationwide. We are dedicated to helping our clients reduce energy and water consumption at their facilities. We are driven to find creative, cost-effective solutions that not only meet our customers’ financial goals but improve overall health and reliability of the buildings. With our deep understanding of energy-using systems and our sophisticated analysis techniques at hand, we stand by our recommendations and are excited to help see them through to completion. We treat every project as an opportunity to showcase our expertise, further refine our craft, and strengthen our reputation by delivering results.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including general ledger close, account reconciliation, accruals, accounts payable, accounts receivable and taxes.
- Collaborate with project managers on project accounting and reporting.
- Ensure that all major projects, month-end, and year-end reports are completed accurately and on-time.
- Monitor project KPIs including current and forecasted budget variances, facilitate timely communication, and provide appropriate reporting to leadership.
- Ensure that all accounting processes align with GAAP and current financial legislation.
- Analyze financial data and provide summary of the organization’s financial status and progress to management.
- Evaluate, develop, and improve current practices and procedures that increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Supervise payroll process administered by HR including review of payroll and benefits reconciliations and posting of appropriate payroll entries.
- Prepare and analyze accrual basis financial statements.
- Assistance with budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls policies and procedures.
- Compile monthly financial management report package and other ad hoc reports.
Accounting Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience preferred. CPA or MBA a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP.
- General ledger professional, with extensive experience in GL close in a deadline-oriented accrual environment
- Experience with job/project costing, percentage completion and WIP accounting preferably with an engineering, architecture, or other business services.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with a high level of efficiency and accurate and the ability to analyze and summarize large amounts of financial data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills and experience with other financial systems.
- Deltek Vision or Vantagepoint software experience preferred.
- Share our core values of Integrity, Judgment, Community, Communication, Creativity, Impact, Curiosity, and Passion.
Our compensation and benefits packet is competitive:
- Competitive salary + performance-based bonuses
- Significant opportunity for growth/internal promotion
- Group health insurance
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- Flexible work hours
- 401(k) matching
- Educational assistance
- Respect for work/life balance
This search is being conducted by FinanceStaff on behalf of kW Engineering. Please submit your resume directly to Linda Carlton, email@example.com.
Note: To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals at all our locations, employment decisions at kW Engineering will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
kW Engineering does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, military service membership, Acquired-Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS-Related Complex (ARC), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Our equal employment opportunity policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.